Linear solutions for applications on specialty vehicles
Several operative requirements are evident for special vehicles such as ambulances, professional vehicles, fire trucks, telescoping trailers, or vehicles for disabled users.
In fact, the mechanical components used for the applications necessary for these types of vehicles must resist the stress of impact and vibrations. They also have to be efficient even when exposed to a variety of difficult conditions, such as corrosion, impurities and dirt, and temperature changes.
A linear rail used to adjust the seat of an excavator is exposed to dense dirt and debris, and must still be able to slide easily. The telescopic rails that extract the access platform for disabled users to enter a vehicle must be able to maintain its own level of safety, efficiency, and load capacity over time in a dirty environment where exposure to corrosive substances is possible.
Rollon linear and telescopic rails are used in several applications in different specialty vehicles because of their characteristics – compact size, rigidity, high load capacity, and misalignment compensation systems – and different anti-corrosion surface treatments which offer resistance to corrosion tested up to 720 hours in saline mist.
Main applications for linear rails and systems in specialty vehicles:
- Telescopic rails for adjusting vehicle seats
- Telescopic rails for extracting generators, pumps, and accessories
- Telescopic rails for extracting tables or platforms
- Telescopic rails for extracting stretchers, drawers, and counters
- Telescopic rails for expanding trailers and extending loading and unloading platforms
- Linear rails for moving control panels and LCD units
- Linear and telescopic rails for moving doors, vehicle motor hoods, and shade roofs